Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

118,053 Posts in 14,872 Topics- by 53,821 Members - Latest Member: Cherre Swanepoel

March 29, 2024, 02:02:28 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wiehann went down today ...  (Read 79971 times)
Colyn
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:33:46 PM »

I am sad to say that a 3 tonne truck made an illegal U-turn and Wiehann (Johan Stemmet to some) hit it on the right hand back end with a F800S.

His left shoulder was badly damaged and his left femur was snapped.

I have just returned from hospital where he spent 9 hours in theater with the surgeons battling to save his arm.

He is in ICU under sedation and on a ventilator because his left lung was also damaged.

Thanks to all that prayed for him.

Double sadly is that in spite of thousands of warnings he did not wear any protective clothing apart from his helmet. Angry  Much damage could have been avoided had he worn his gear.
Barbyw
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 11:52:19 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about Wiehann, Colyn. I hope he comes through this safely. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.
Captain Slow
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 06:49:52 AM »

Sorry to hear. Sad
Colyn
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:39:30 AM »

Update ...

He came through the night ok and they will wean him off the ventilator during the morning. The pulse in his arm is good.

Thanks for the support.
avon
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:24:34 AM »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Wiehann and Colyn.

ATGATT - I always say that I will never be able to live with myself if I survive a crash by knowingly leaving gear already bought and paid for, albeit on the quad or the bike, at home.

FFS, make it a must & pretty soon it becomes just another habit & some of us know how hard it is to give up smoking Wink
Colyn
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:58:07 AM »

Yep I agree Avon ... they should fine people for not wearing the right gear.
Colyn
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »

Here are some shots ...

TC
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »

Colyn eks baie jammer om hiervan te hoor , ek sal vir jou en Daleen en spesifiek vir Wiehann bid , Sterkte in die tyd man...........
Colyn
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »

Dankie TC ... ek waardeer dit baie.
Barbyw
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »

Those are scary pictures, Colyn. It must have been very hard for you to take those shots and post them but they are a reminder to everyone that riding a bike carries special dangers and all precautions need to be taken.
I thank God that Wiehann is on the road to recovery now and hope that all turns out well for him and for your family.
avon
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »

Sterkte weereens vir julle Colyn.

My grootste vrees is dat dit met my kinders ook kan gebeur.

Weet nie hoe jy nog kon fotos neem ook nie - dis die laaste waaraan ek sou dink.

Ons bid vir julle vanaand - hou ons op hoogte asb man.

My eie onvoorsiene klein operasietjie verlede Vrydag is niks teen wat ek hier sien nie.
Cassie
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 04:08:16 PM »

Holy Moly! Die bike lyk s-t-u-k-k-e-n-d!!!!  Shocked

En die foto van "Point of Impact".... die rooi stukke van die stukkende lig, lyk soos vleis wat daar lê!  Roll Eyes Eish!

Bly om te hoor dit gaan beter met hom! Mag hy volkome herstel!  Wink
Danie
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »

Sterkte vir julle Colyn - ek kan net dink hoe jy moes gevoel het.

Ek hoop nie ek beleef ooit so iets nie.

Groete
Colyn
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 11:21:04 PM »

Thank you all ... and as for the photos ... I had to do it and while I shot the scene it was ok but processing them really tore me apart.

Somebody is guilty and I wanted the evidence ... already the driver spilled a lot of bullshit on the police report ... bullshit clearly exposed by some of the shots.
Colyn
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 06:33:07 PM »

UPDATE :

Today he is more talkative and he has regained some touch sensations in his left hand. The blood flow is good and the appearance of sensation has made me smile.

Thank you all for your support.

Here is a shot of him ...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic