Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

138,586 Posts in 17,496 Topics- by 34,040 Members - Latest Member: Michelle Buys

April 26, 2024, 08:37:59 AM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wiehann went down today ...  (Read 83096 times)
Cassie
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »

Nee hel! Daai dokter by Nelspruit Medi Clinic moet eerder in 'n slaghuis gan werk!!!  tickedoff

Hy't Wim se arm nét so lelik opgekerf nadat Wim sy bike in ET afgeskryf het!

Sterkte Wiehann! Gelukkig weet jou ma hoe om te help met als.  Wink

Ek verkoop GENUINE tissue oil as jy wil hê.....  Wink
vester
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »

Good to hear Colyn.
Colyn
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:28 PM »

Vertel meer Cassie.

Thanks Vester.
Cassie
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2008, 08:43:28 AM »

Vertel meer Cassie.

Dit was in 2006, op die pad tussen Hazyview en Graskop.

Hy't seker so 10am sy ongeluk gehad, ou het van vooraf gekom IN Wim se baan, die ou het sy draai te wyd gevat. Wim moes sy bike optel deur die draai om dié ou te mis, ou het net aangehou ry, Wim is teen seker so 200km/h by afgrond af.  Sad

Die ou se girl het hom MAAK terugry, toe is Wim se pel reeds by hom nadat Wim opgeklim het tot bo by die pad. Hulle het omtrent 2 ure gewag vir ambulans van Sabie af.  tickedoff

In ambulans het hulle hom nie mooi vasgemaak op draagbaar nie, het rondegerol (met gebreekte arm en sleutelbeen) soos hulle gery het!  Angry

8pm die aand het hulle by Nelspruit se Mediclinic die eerste keer vir hom iets gegee vir die pyn! PS. Hy was vroeër eers in 'n ander hospitaal waar hulle hom kamstig nie kon help nie!  Roll Eyes

Hy is die volgende oggend 8am eers geopereer.... En sy sleutelbeen se sny en 'staple' merke lyk nét so lelik soos Wiehann s'n...... Ek glo dis dieselfde ortopeed.......  Roll Eyes
Colyn
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »

Goosen ?
Cassie
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »

Goosen ?

Kan nie sy van onthou nie...... Donker hare...... 30-something.......
Colyn
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2008, 10:57:47 AM »

Nee Goosen is baie ouer.
avon
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 07:30:12 AM »

How about an update Colyn??
Colyn
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 08:49:35 AM »

UPDATE:

All stitches, clips, drains etc. is out and the wounds are healing. Next week they will remove some of the metal from his shoulder then he can start with more aggressive physio.

Thanks for your support.
Colyn
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 12:04:28 AM »

It is now almost 8 weeks since the accident. During these weeks there were some good days and some bad days. In general Wiehann is healing physically quite fast but he is frustrated with the slow pace of healing of the nerve damage.

I have switched modes and treats him "normally". In my mind he is now faced with the cold reality of his situation and life goes on. He needs to learn to function with whatever handicap he has and concentrate on doing what needs to be done to try and regain as much as possible function back.

So, I am not a very popular guy with the mother. The coldest and most cruel fact to accept by all parties is that it was his own two hands that were on the handlebars that morning and I am not going to take any blame for what happened to him. He is a very experienced rider and whatever the stupid driver of the truck did does not make me liable. I am sure many of you that went through similiar situations can understand the human interactions in this situation.

Here is a series of shots taken during the past few weeks. Every shot is dated and this is the last shots that will be published as "Crash" pictures ... life goes on.

The first day that he moved around without the sling.

Surrounded by loved ones.

Visiting the Orthopedic Surgeon at Six Weeks.

Some rehab ...

Not happy with me and my camera.

Trying to throw me a salute ...

To all of you that posted in this thread and prayed for him ... thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To Wiehann ... my son life is sometimes hard and the true steel in a man is only really visible when things goes wrong. I believe that you will recover and recover well ... hope that me and you can carve some curves again real soon.

roan
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 11:31:34 AM »

Without trying to sound too "touchy feely" I just need to say the following here.

I have known Colyn and his family for quite some time now, it actually feels like a lifetime not because of anything else than for the real hard things we have gone through together.

One thing I am praying for now is that the unseen scars in Colyn and his family can heal as fast as Wiehann is healing in the physical scar department.

“Many men owe the grandeur of their lives to the tremendous difficulties”
Charles Spurgeon (English Preacher) 1834 - 1892

Colyn
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 12:16:08 PM »

Jis ou Grote jy weet darem net hoe om my te roer Wink
Barbyw
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 11:09:41 PM »

It is good to see Wiehann is recovering albeit not at the rate he would like. He is young and the young heal physically much quicker than we oldies but the mental scars will remain for longer. Have courage and all will turn out as God wills.
All at BSC have been thinking/praying for all the family. Please be assured you are not forgotten, Colyn, but sorely missed.
Dingbat
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »

Well today I have some good news to share ... Wiehann is busy regaining some motor function in his biceps and triceps ... I think the fact that I sold his bike two weeks ago has kick started his muscles Wink

Three weeks ago I decided to sell his Dakar because the recovery rate was really slow and there was no chance of him riding again soon. He got onto my LT wit bike on the center stand and took the handles ... telling me that he can hold it ... well needless to say .. a slight sudden jerk of the right hand bar by me and he lost his grip on the left.

He went with me when I collected my GS and he was really depressed. This morning he got onto the GS and called me.

"I want to show you something ..." he had a broad smile on hs face and had the handles in his hands. I tried the same maneuver and to my surprise there was real resistance.

He then proceeded to show me some of the exercises he has been doing the last week. I asked him why he kept it to himself and he answered ...

"I wanted the physio to check and confirm that it i snot my imagination."

Well guys and girls I thank you all for the prayers and good wishes that went up for him. I am going to have a great weekend ... same to you all.
roan
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

Well

This is fantastic news.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic