Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

118,129 Posts in 14,948 Topics- by 53,821 Members - Latest Member: Cherre Swanepoel

March 29, 2024, 08:34:53 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: noganoobie  (Read 12584 times)
avon
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »

Hi there,

I’m a 54 year old fart that recently re-discovered the magic of two wheels in the form of a brand new 2007 R1200RT. My dream bike that I had to wait for many years whilst struggling with the standard, but oh so difficult mind games; and then again in hindsight, rather crappy reasons as to why I gave it up so many years ago. You know mos, the family responsibility, the danger on SA roads, etc. arguments……….

I was guided to this spot in Cyberspace by someone named Colyn (he provided GPS co-ords) & after browsing around some yesterday, decided that this could be the home-away-from-home that I could not find up to now. I absolutely loathe the yours is bigger than mine fascination that appears to be thriving on most other forums. We (Elsa & I) bought two Suzuki LTZ250 quads about two years ago – that’s another story – but, very quickly were riding rings around some of the bigger guns. Why? Because we learned to ride within our own and the quads limits safely instead of underestimating said abilities. Sure, on the long and boring straights, just about anything would outrun us, but sliding sideways through corners without overcooking it? Just enough power to keep us out of the danger zone so very easily & rather quickly reached on the bigger quads. By the way, ever heard of someone that’s accident free on one of those things. Well, now you have…………

I REALLY don’t give a damn what you ride, and if we do meet sometime, someday, and you rock up in an old VW Beetle I would welcome the fact that I can meet someone I have come to know on the forum. My son which got me back on two wheels, bless his soul, – shares the two wheel dream. He’s mad though – just a few of his current rides:- Yammie 80 cc Choppy (in perfect nick & he rides the yearly Toy-run with the thing), Suzi’s - 650 RV & 650 DL, Yammie TW 200 (yup, the T-Dub) & recently aquired (as in 2007) Eddie Lawson Replica (Naked 1200 Kwacker) and 650 KLR, cause like dad he said he needed an “off-road” bike (only he could afford one but I can’t). Me, I’m still working up the nerve to take the RT off-road; remember the way we used to ride when all I had was a 750 Kwacker back in the good old days of gravel roads.

Ps. will load an Avatar shortly of the RT parked inside a bar near Waterval Boven in mid-winter minus 2 degree temps – what an intro to long distance touring…………& she's going for the 10K service tomorrow.
Cassie
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:41:17 AM »

Welkom!  Smiley
roan
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:20:50 PM »

Avon.

I am glad you joined, here we will try to keep it straight and simple. We are all here to share our passion for motorcycling.

PS : My new years resolution is to buy a R1200 RT.
Colyn
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »

Hi Avon ... good to see you here ... you are a youngster ... I am 55 SmileySmiley ... enjoy it ... it is small intimate. A nice place to pop in and have a cup of coffee ... and trust me ... if a Brand war breaks out here I will deal with it in no uncertain terms ... I dont have time for that. Wink

I hope you will contribute in my crazy R 1200 R thread Smiley
Gregoryinfug
Connected

Sparks: +0/-0

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 08:42:25 AM »

Cora72.2BettBettJohnRailMaxiJameTracPinuMattCantTescAMBASterOverSpecDunsTonyPianGabrMarkBruc
JuliFranJuleKarlCredHereTrimKareJackNiveBernCalyHenrDessAhavHansStepEricMargLaurBecoHellFrau
SlimJackBraiUmbeValiNintWindHappHeckWillWindDaveArktRaggYvesScotJaneToniRafaMaryThomMallDigi
WindPushXVIIWindWindsociMickWondFallSinfVidaWormStarLoviMichViraUnivIchiWarCGeorMichDaveAlan
ArtsClifotheJeweStatTonyKareLeveAdrimicrSympAlexWarhHiFiRobeReflMounDolbHenrWindParkKingShaw
WorlhevaMEYEEpluDAXXCataSamsElecNintWorlHayaThunAmebHaveSQuiBestDustSauvAlpiLanzHeldDermJazz
PoweEducEducHuntSaraLoviwwwmWindWINDTefaAdriHyunChouBvlgWhisJasmKataKariMcDeSofiDrohXIIIAnyo
XIIIBerlXVIIXVIIBranMiguXVIIVIIIConcThinParaRobeHappOtarPrasCrieDiorBriabrbrCyntPozoLaurWind
HiawRobeThomJackFairGeorJohaBostForeErneDougJuniTamaRobeRickBetcmailBeveCambRogeMistEpluEplu
EpluAndrMojrDianGlasPipeLettULovPierMichJourTonyXVIItuchkasAngeJaso
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 10:01:35 AM »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 01:42:00 AM »

Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 01:46:52 AM »

Bett
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2023, 01:48:21 AM »

Pass
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2023, 01:51:15 AM »

Dash
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 09:00:29 AM »

Obse160.8BettBettHuh??MelaWierHuh??Huh??AlleBurnDISCDorm0758Huh??OrieBeauYestLosiHuh??Huh??Huh??Ryan
DeliHuh??AldoHuh??DermAhavJardHuh??Huh??CaudHuh??Huh??Huh??ReacHuh??EmilGiusCharHuh??LamaHuh??RobeAnna
BlueKwapHuh??Huh??RobePushHuh??JacqHuh??DomisilvHuh??WaltHuh??Huh??Huh??HousHuh??Huh??AndrJohnLeonDefi
Huh??Huh??1953HTMLHuh??AlfrHuh??Huh??AngeFIFABretNintWindHuh??Huh??MarkElmoHuh??XVIIHuh??Huh??SworUniv
3000Huh??Huh??Huh??01-2Huh??CamiMaurHuh??BeatJonaHuh??Huh??VIIIHuggMiniChalTourAndyHuh??GuaiHuh??Dell
BurnHuh??Huh??HarmHuh??Huh??NordElecMagiWindEver8976Huh????-0HellHuh??Huh??RubiVALGTrefHuh??Huh??Mode
1600Huh??SchiHuh??Huh??Huh??SylvHuh??WindBOOMHuh??OregMoulAntoPuriHuh??Huh??Huh??RiveHuh??HousWhitLisb
VIIIHuh??CharHuh??Huh??Huh??Huh??OZONRunnrlesLiveOlegJackHuh??SurrHuh??Huh??JohnJohnHuh??Huh??WorlHuh??
Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??BlooHuh??XVIIHuh??Huh??DeniHuh??KeviHuh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??TangHarmHarm
HarmHuh??Huh??Huh??NachAnfoHuh??Huh??XVIIHuh??Huh??MariHuh??tuchkasHuh??anim
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 11:04:09 AM »

Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??
Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??
Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??Huh??tuchkasHuh??Huh??
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2024, 09:59:47 AM »

Econ
Gregoryinfug
Connected

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2024, 10:00:55 AM »

Gregoryinfug
Connected